Sunday, April 28, 2013

Jackson

So Jackson and I continued to talk every now and then after the Love Jones. Yes, that's what I'm calling it. Every time I see that movie I'm instantly taken back to that place and time on the couch....Anyways, Jackson continued to page me all the time. I was starting to get tired of the "I really like you but if we go out 'the cheerleader' might see us and I just don't want to deal with that" excuses. It frustrated me that Jackson took my virginity/(slash I gave it up) and now he doesn't want to be seen in public with me. I would go and tell Rick all about him. How much I liked Jackson and how badly he treated me. I'm sure Rick got tired of hearing me talk about Jackson all the time.

Well on this one particular day, Jackson called me from work. He asked me to come up there and buy an open item for him. An open item was merchandise that was resealed at the store. Like someone bought a dvd player, opened it, and then returned it to the store. The store would reseal the box and the dvd player was now an "open item". Anyways, employees were not allowed to buy open items. Since this wasn't the first time Jackson had asked me to do this I didn't think anything of it. He would give me the money and I would purchase these random :open items". The prices ranged from $50-$100. So I drove up to his job. I hadn't seen him in a while and was just happy to be seen at his job with him. Hey, I took advantage of every opportunity. So I walk into the store and I wait in line with this "open item." It's a speaker box, you know, one of the floor speakers that came to about your waist. I buy the item and Jackson walks me out to the car. Something didn't seem right. I asked Jackson why he asked me and not the cheerleader to come and buy this open item for him. He gave me the run around that they weren't together anymore and that he had feelings for me. (Insert eye rolling) As we approached the car, the box jingled a little.Wait a minute, this is a speaker box....was there not a speaker in it? I asked Jackson what was in the box. He looked as if he was shocked that I even asked the question. He said, "A whole bunch of stuff." He opened part of the box and I looked inside.

"So you're stealing...you're a thief?! And now I'm a thief for helping you."

I can't believe how stupid I was for ever thinking there was something between Jackson and I. I can't believe he stole all that stuff inside of a speaker box. There were phones, cd's, computers, etc. You name it, it was probably in the box. And again, this wasn't my first time doing this for him. The speaker may have said $98 on the price tag but there was well over $500 worth of stuff inside that box. I am so naive. I drove off and  just like that, Jackson and I were over. I've never heard from him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment